Back in 2014, I found my fabric and knew it would make a great Regency dress. I grabbed 5 yards at the time, figuring it would be enough. I had recently completed another Regency dress and was going to use the same pattern from Sense and Sensibility. Then Laughing Moon came out with their drop front dress pattern and I fell in love with it.
|Laughing Moon #126|
|1983.1.28 KSU Museum|
Then I looked at the fabric requirements. View B needed 5 and 5/8 yards. Uh oh. So everything went to the back burner until March this year. I had gone to California and while perusing the fabric store, I found a bolt of the same fabric on clearance. It was 3/4 of a yard exactly. Hoorah! Project back on track!
So the problem I quickly encountered is that when your fabric is cut into two pieces, it makes laying out pattern pieces a little more challenging. Challenging to the point where I had to pin and lay everything out BEFORE I even cut my fabric.
|For the record, skirt pieces for Regency dresses are HUGE!|
|Remaining fabric after cutting the final pattern pieces|
Hoorah! Hoorah! And hoorah a third time
|Ties with selvage and piece work|