|Front with the skirt over top|
|Back of skirt with pleating|
|Bloomer bottoms underneath the skirt|
|I love all the stripes everywhere!|
|The outfit includes a matching swimcap|
|The one-piece bloomer and blouse underneath the skirt|
|Bloomer and blouse combo from the back|
I will note that I did make several changes to the original pattern. For a lot of the top stitching, I opted to hand stitch instead to help eliminate the number of visible seams. The striped front inset is attached using hooks and eyes instead of buttons, and there are additional hooks and eyes on the skirt and suit combo waistbands to provide additional support on the buttons.
In another post, I had wrote that I couldn't find instructions on how to add elastic to the bloomer cuffs. They were there actually, but buried underneath the "finishing" instructions. I'm glad I added the elastic because the ruffles match up nicely with the sleeves. Here are links to additional posts on this project:
One more project done, and one more piece of fabric off the stash pile!
* * *
Pattern - Folkwear Vintage Bathing Costume #253
Fabric - Seafoam green and light cream broadcloth, both 100% cotton
Notions - Bias trim and strips made from the same fabric, hooks and eyes, mother of pearl buttons, matching poly thread, and 3/8" elastic for the cuffs.