Okay so I've moved, and I cracked down on getting the mockups done for Jenna's wedding dress this October for the Wonderland Wedding.
The first version was a little, well...yeah.
None of the seams lined up exactly and the edge was a bit out of control. But I guess that's what you get for combining two patterns and completely reworking a couple of the pieces.
Version 1.2 wasn't much better, because now I found the underbust curve was out of control, and some of the lower edges still weren't matching up.
Third time is the charm though because barring a few minor adjustments right off the back, version 1.3 curved in the right spots and the seams lined up just right.
Jenna came over for a fitting and we went to town with the sharpie marker. Despite working off only measurements, the corset bodice fit very well. I'll only have to make a few small adjustments such as cutting the armscythe a little wider, and adjusting the length and placement of the straps so it sits better on her torso.
The blouse on the other hand...
I think most of the problems came from the fact that the original pattern is meant for stretch knit fabrics, but we're trying to make it work with woven cottons. When Jenna tried it on, she got it over her head but then got stuck. I ended up cutting it off her and then doing the fitting.
Neckline is good, length just right. I just have to do something about the side seams so she can actually get it ON.
Another change I made from the original pattern is Jenna asked for sleeves, but the original did not have them. So I dug through my pattern stash and found two: the short sleeve from Sense & Sensibility's Regency Gown pattern (left), and the ballgown sleeve pouf from Truly Victorian's 1885 Cuirass Bodice pattern (right). Jenna opted for the Regency sleeve - it "poufs" better.
So with my sharpied mockups, I head on to version 2.0.
We also traveled to the fabric store to pick up materials for the skirt. Here is a sneak peek.